You are here
Job Vacancy - Accountant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant is generally accountable for the completion of assigned accounting duties in support of the professional accounting activities at the Grenada Airports Authority. This assistance must be in accordance with professional accounting standards and conventions, and must be in keeping with the financial rules and regulations of the Grenada Airports Authority.
Nature and Scope of the Job
Essentially, the Accountant is accountable for ensuring that financial information is accurately and reliably processed in accordance with the financial accounting systems in place at the Grenada Airports Authority. The holder of the position assists as directed, in the preparation of budgets and financial reports and maintains the General Ledger and reconciles control accounts on a monthly basis. The position additionally reviews the work of and otherwise directs the activities of subordinate accounting personnel. This position is expected to discharge standard supervisor responsibilities inclusive of the completion of appraisal reports on subordinate staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certification from ACCA or equivalent from a professional body
- Five (5) years supervisory experience working in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, advanced Excel skills, balancing commercial bank statements and cost accounting principles.
- Related work experience may substitute for education or may consider anequivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret complex data and understand detailed instructions; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant academic qualifications and the names of two (2) referees should be submitted no later than 24th March, 2017 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Grenada Airports Authority
P.O. Box 385
Or Via electronic mail to: email@example.com
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged.